Friday, April 29, 2005

Choices (d)

Standing at the entrance to the maze, I look at my options.
I can opt not to even enter, which will then send me on the safest path to a life of complete obscurity.
I can follow the path from the entrance, to the middle and out the opposite side, which may or may not bring me fame and fortune.
Or...
I can choose another entrance, they're all right there in front of me, though the outcome of these options isn't as clear.
What do I want?
Should I go on in obscurity, safe in the knowledge that no claims will be made?
Should I go for the fame and fortune? Not likely at this stage.
Should I take door number three, four, or two?
Looking further down the [hallway?] path, I see three more doors.
How can all these doors lead to different outcomes?
Isn't everything pre-destined and no matter my choice? It's all going to end in death anyway.
Door number five, six or seven?
I sit on the opposite side of the [hallway?] path, looking at the doors.
If all I do is sit here, I'll never know.
Closing my eyes for a few seconds I decide to flip a coin.
When I open my eyes, the [hallway?] path is now a circular room and the doors are all around me.
I turn in circles, spinning, spinning, spinning. When I fall down, I am facing door number seven.
I choose this door and go through.

No comments: