Tuesday, April 12, 2005

And I lose (d)

We meet and have a long talk. You tell me that while you like me, you just don't or can't love me or anyone.
I swallow hard to keep from crying and say that I understand, that the friendship is more important than my imagined life together with you. I stutter and lisp my way through the understanding speach, something I work really hard not to do, but I just can't help myself.
I get up, spilling my coffee on myself and then I leave. You sit there staring after me.
I walk along the street, it's familiar, but I can't place the city. I see a wooded area and slip into it, into the one place I've ever felt at home. I'm hurting and I don't want anyone to see me ever again.
I cry for a long time, sitting under a willow tree by a brook.
I realise that it's time for me to get to the airport so I leave.

No comments: