Thursday, March 03, 2005

Circus (d)

There's a circus, they need a new elephant handler and they choose someone else, not me.
The bull elephant comes over to me and will not go to the person the circus owners chose. They apologize to that person and I get the job.
The elephant asks me if I'd like to go for a ride. I say 'Yes, please' and he picks me up and sets me on his back. We wander around the world for a while then go back to the circus just in time for the show.
He's a magical elephant. He tells me his real name. All I have to do is whisper it and he will appear. He likes to eat young shoots of a certain plant that only grows in the area around the great river.
There are bad men who try to take the magical elephant away from me. He stomps them with his huge feet and kills them all.
I am hurt in the fight and he carries me to the great river. He feeds me the shoots of the plant and bathes me in the water. I get better.
We leave the circus and wander about the world, visiting all the places we'd always wanted to see. We are happy with each other and live a great many years together in this manner.

No comments: