Monday, February 07, 2005

forgive (d)

We're going shopping and there's this thing that you think I did, and you don't like me for it. I prove I didn't do it then you seem to like me again.

detail:

we're staying at a hospice in winooski
everyone piles into the mini-van to go to the grocery
but I can't because there isn't enough room
I want a cigarette, and I have some, but I don't smoke, I throw them away and walk down the hill
everyone gets back and empties the groceries out of the van
you won't talk to me at all - I ask why - you show me the crumpled pack of smokes you'd seen me throw away - you're very, very angry
I tell you how old they are, and that the point was that I had NOT smoked them - I'd kept them because as long as I had the last few in that pack, I wouldn't buy a fresh one, which I would smoke
you finally come around to my way of seeing it and agree

for some reason everyone - except you - is wearing a transparent plastic kind of outfit - not everyone has underwear on - it doesn't bother anyone except me, and you think the green and blue outfit I put on is cute
we are all waiting to go out for the evening, standing in front of the van listening to music

No comments: