Sunday, February 13, 2005

alone - finally (d)

In a desperate effort to regain self-conciousness I leave everything behind and follow a stranger to an island. It's warm and sunny most days. He lives on the north side of the island, I choose a mountain in the center, the west side. We communicate with notes left where the other will find them. The island changes and becomes a continent, then again to become a planet. He is gone and I'm on my own, alone on the planet that used to be a warm island.
I am alone, feeling that my god has left me. Without guidance I wallow in self-pity for a while then come to my senses, realizing that there never was a stranger, he was a projection of my own making. The human need for contact with others slowly melts away and I learn to live on my own and find out that happiness is just a word for societal gain.

No comments: